domingo, 28 de outubro de 2007

Words are Powerful

People say: "Speech is silver, but silence is golden" (A palavra é de prata, o silêncio é de ouro"
But this isn´t always true. Sometimes you can't be silent!!

"
In Germany, they came first for the Communists,
And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;
And then they came for the trade unionists,
And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;
And then they came for the Jews,
And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;
And then . . . they came for me . . .
And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

Pastor Niemoller


Vieram primeiro buscar os judeus.
E eu não reagi
Porque não era judeu
Vieram depois buscar os comunistas
E eu não reagi
Porque não era comunista
Vieram então buscar os sindicalistas
eu não reagi
Porque não era sindicalista
Vieram buscar-me, por fim,
E já não restava ninguém
Que reagisse por mim
Pastor NiemöllerVítima do Nazismo(Trad. do Inglês por Luísa Cortesão)

Sem comentários: